MERCURY 90 HP

smokechaser068

Recruit
I have a 1995 Bayliner Reflexx Jetboat with a 90 hp Mercury. I was out with the famioy and the boat just died. It would turn over but not fire. I changed the spark plugs. Some body help. :confused:

Clams Canino

Commander
Re: MERCURY 90 HP

Get the manual and troubleshoot the ignition.<br /><br />-W

Rockonafly

Cadet

This has happened to me so please do not take offense.<br /><br />Check the kill switch. It may be off and the lever does not look like it. Cycle a few times and try again.<br /><br />Rockonafly

smokechaser068

Recruit

I am new when it comes to boats. I have a kill button with a small palstic clip on a string. I tried unplugging and plugging back in. No luck. I don't even have a manual for this boat. I even tried unpluging the wires on the back of the kill switch and putting them together no luck. Maybe I am not cut out for boating.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Putting the kill switch wires together kills the engine, not enables it. Put everything back as it was and then check for spark on each cylinder. If you have none, troubleshoot the ignition system. If you have good snappy spark, try squirting a little pre-mixed fuel (just a small amount) into each cylinder through the plug hole. Insert the plugs and give it a try. If it fires and then dies, troubleshoot the fuel system.

Zamboni

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you want the manual post your email-it'll help with trouble shooting.

smokechaser068

Recruit

No luck changed the plug wires still turns, but does not fire. I know nothing about boats.