tilt and trim

flash259

Recruit
please i need help i swapped out 115 mercury for a 150 mercury the 115 has a different trim unit with the trim pump mounted in the back of the boat the 150 has the trim unit mounted underneath the the engine the engine runs fine alternator is chargeing the kill is working fine but i haven't a clue how to wire the trim up to make it work i dont see any lose wires or wires not plugged in ?

Laddies

Banned
Re: tilt and trim

There should be a plugin near the solenoids it's about 3/4" in dia. with 3 slots in that the front harness plugs into. If not then remember blue is up-- green is down and red is the power wire to the switch

Laddies

Banned

Yes, although it should be fused were it leaves the pump to the front of the boat

flash259

Recruit

so red hot all the time with an in line fuse blue and green hooked to switch up front on switch and there was a plastic type flanged bolt on the right side of the engine if you were facing the back of the boat it is broke what function does it serve . please

Laddies

Banned

ron, I'm sorry can you post a picture because I can't reconise the bolt with out it, but if you go to BAM Marine site and look at the parts book you can probably find it--Bob