overheat alarm

jessie11

Seaman Apprentice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Mariner 150hp Ser#0D124111<br /><br />In process of removing the oil injection due to stripped gear on the crankshaft. Disconnected the purple wire from the lubalert to the terminal block to stop the oil alarm from beeping. Upon doing this it also took out the overheat alarm. How do I wire this up correctly so that the overheat alarm will work? I appreciate all the help I get on this site. Any reply is appreciated.

andy6374

Lieutenant Commander
Re: overheat alarm

Start at the engine side internal wire harness. You should have a purple and tan/blu running from the harness to a terminal strip which then has a.) the purple and tan/blu wires running to the lubalert and b.) the tan/blu wire running to the overheat switch. Tape off the purple, rip out the lubealert and run the tan/blu (overheat switch) from the starboard cylinder head (right below the # 1 plug) to the tan/blu of the wiring harness.<br /><br />To make sure you've got everything straight, turn the key to the "ON" position and ground the tan/blu wire to the block and the alarm should go off.<br /><br />With the lubealert disabled you won't keep the self-test "beep,beep,beep" when you turn the key to the "ON" position nor will it go into protective mode when its overheating.