What year is my motor

starrtwo

Cadet
Mercury 1500. Inline 6. Cover says 1500, foot says 150 hp. Serial # on crank case is 3630929. Its the only serial number I can find. Anyone know what year it is?

timmathis

Lieutenant
Re: What year is my motor

Great motor I have a 1974 just like it. Tim

starrtwo

Cadet

Just aquired it today. It is on a 1984 Glasstream. Cant wait to see if it has all the good stuff like...compression... spark....fun things like that.

Clams Canino

Commander

If you need help with it.. let me know. They are the best - but need the right TLC to shine without self-destructing.<br /><br />-Wayne

starrtwo

Cadet

looking to start motor today. Do not have an operable set of controls.....so I will need to hot wire it. I see that black and yellow should operate starter.... grey and white should do choke...what wires do I put together to power the coil?

timmathis

Lieutenant

Listen to clams. He is the inline man.... <br />The coil is wired through the switchbox.<br />I would check with clams on it be careful switchbox has to wired just right or it will blow. Tim

Clams Canino

Commander

Red and white to the switchbox have to be +12 to fire it. In normal operation red is +12 all the time and white goes +12 when you turn the key to "on". So power red 1st.<br /><br />-W