seafoam

danny k

Seaman Apprentice
Anybody out there have any experience with Seafoam? Heard it works wonders on the older ob's.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Danny K

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: seafoam

Howdy danny k.<br /><br />Used seafoam in my '97 and it works great. No experience with older motors, but I've heard it works well.<br /><br />I used the red search button on the top of the page with "seafoam" as my search criteria. Then I selected to only search the repair and maintenance threads.<br /><br /> Here's the 300 threads it found

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Danny used seafoam on my '85 75hp Merc. Great stuff.I think it was the first time the motor had been decarboned. I'm going to start useing it religiously from now on.

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander

Used it on 82 large V6 engine and a 74 2 cylinder kicker. Seemed to work great on both - no harm, for sure. I don't think either were super carboned up though.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Outboard Non-repair topic.

2cycle

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a seafoam experience today with a 1989 18 HP Briggs and Stratton lawnmower engine given to me that had sat for 2-3 years. I ran seafoam through it and now it starts quicker and more smoothly than my other engine bought 3 years ago. It will definitely clean the fuel system and burn off carbon deposits.

Smedley

Cadet

I used Sea Foam two weeks ago on my '82 Merc 40 hp. This motor has never been decarbed and sat for about three years befor I got it last year. I had a hesitation at about 3/4 throttle and rough idle. I don't have either of these problems anymore. I would highly recommend it to anyone. <br /><br />I shot some in the my mower too. Make sure you are well ventilated when you use it. I had to smoke out my neighbor three times before the carbon all burned off.