200 efi 2001 impellar replacement

FASTFISHER

Cadet
My impellar is bad I have the parts already but i dont no where to start can anyone give me any suggestion or tips on the process to make it any easier.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: 200 efi 2001 impellar replacement

You need to drop the lower unit. The water pump is driven by the drive shaft and is located at the top of the lower unit. To prevent messing things up, you should really buy a service manual specific to your engine (preferably the factory version) if you plan to do any service of this type yourself. If you don't want to buy one, check your library -- they often have manuals although they would be generic or possibly cover an entire range of engines. Most service procedures like this are far too detailed to expect anyone to outline here.

FASTFISHER

Cadet

I appreciate your reply! I am fairly mechanical and of decent intellgence. i have the lower unit off and I am currently working on the job without the manual and out of funds.[layed off] I uderstand everything except for all the o rings and small gaskets. There are two bushings one, 1 1/8 and one 1/2 inch one o ring about 3/4 of an inch and two blue washer size seals and one small 3/8 inch orange seal and a pin. I have taken the pump housing off and i haven't found any of these parts in prosess. I am truly sorry to be so ignorant on the subject I normally would have this done at the shop but under the circumstances that is impossible.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

No apology is necessary. Been in the layoff situation a couple time myself and its a bummer. I'm afraid I can't help you with the extra parts situation. I don't know if you have the correct kit and whether it came from Mercury or an after market supplier. Very often kits are packaged with extra parts to enable one kit to service a couple different models. Go to Mercury Parts Express (link below) and check the exploded view of the lower unit and water pump. That should help you identify the parts and where they go.<br /><br /> http://www.mercurypartsexpress.com/PartsExpress/ProductSelection/ServiceParts/sphome.asp?CID=