Mercury 60 hp spark plugs (pics)????

saumon

Lieutenant
Hi,<br /><br />there's a bunch of peoples here who already helped me a lot (thanks to them) but i had another question: last spring, when i go to the nearest Merc. dealer to get new spark plugs for my 1993 Merc. 60 hp 3 cyl. (S/N 0D074327), he gave me a set of NGK #BUHW, wich are surface type<br />
079565.jpg
<br />I ran with them all summer long without problems but, recently, i found on the NGK "Part Finder" section of their site that theses plugs were supposed to go on the 60 hp 3 cyl. from 1984 to 1990. For newer model (1991-2002) like mine, they ask for NGK #BP8H-N-10, as the Mercury Part Express site do. These were regular ground type <br />
079563.jpg
<br /><br />I just want to know if i could have caused some type of dammage to the powerhead, or if i will notice a difference by switching back to those recommended by the manufacturer? And what are the differences between these two types of plugs? Does some run hotter than the other, or are better to avoid fouling?<br /><br />Thanks for taking time to help me.<br /><br />Steve

Laddies

Banned
Re: Mercury 60 hp spark plugs (pics)????

You should be useing the BP8H-N-10 to prevent idle fowling the other plugs shouldn't damage the engine but wouldn't idle properly either