Removing lower engine covers.

stingraymax

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am planning to remove my lower engine cover. Is this a staight forward deal or are there some things to consider ? from what i can see they are held together with just 4 bolts.<br /><br />it is a 1999 johnson 90hp<br /><br />Thanks.<br />Stef

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Removing lower engine covers.

On a 99 90 thats all there is to it. You'll have the control cables thru one side and the harness going thru the other side. On the harness side that black piece that has the gas & oil lines comes off. Theres a single screw on the inside.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Anytime.<br /><br />Good luck!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

Dhadly<br /> did they do away with the stainless assy clips on the rubber mounts by 99 ?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I'm not sure when they quit using them. Most are missing anyway, at least on the ones we see.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yep<br /> but I watched a tech wrassle and tug on a 225 oneday and finally walked over for a look, he forgot the clips. I laughed my butt off :) :) .

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I'm sure that was embarassing for him but it really is funny. Come to think of it, when I got my 93 150 the wires on the pan switch were pulled apart and broken. I'll bet someone was yanking on the pan and didnt look for the wire connections. Funny.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yep<br /> the old snatch first look at the instruction type techs :) <br /> gotta love em.<br /> they do however keepme and my horse in new shoes :)