manual release valve

A.J.ROSS

Recruit
THE MECHANIC THAT WORK ON MY 115 MERC 6CYC BROKE OFF THE MANUAL RELEASE VALVE. I TOOK AN EZ OUT AND GOT IT OUT. NOW I HAVE A SMALL PROBLEM? MERC HAS THE PART BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME AND DOSEN'T FIT. I NEED TO FIND A MANUAL RELEASE VALVE FOR A 1987 MERC? BLACK IN COLOR AND LONG ENOUGH TO EXTEND OUT OF THE SIDE HOLE. IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS WHERE OR HAS ONE I WOULD BE VER GREATFUL.<br /> THANK YOU \<br /> A.J.ROSS

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: manual release valve

Andy,<br />Try ishopmarine.com or dougrussell.com. or better yet take your engine to an authorized Mercury and they should figure out what you need. Good luck<br />Bob

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class

Andy,<br />Try ishopmarine.com or dougrussell.com. or better yet take your engine to an authorized Mercury dealer and they should figure out what you need. Good luck Excuse double post.<br />Bob

A.J.ROSS

Recruit

Originally posted by north40:<br /> Andy,<br />Try ishopmarine.com or dougrussell.com. or better yet take your engine to an authorized Mercury and they should figure out what you need. Good luck<br />Bob

A.J.ROSS

Recruit

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE PART (MANUAL RELEASE VALVE) FROM MERCURY IS NEW AND DOSEN'T FIT MY 1987 115HP MOTOR. IV'E LOOKED EVERYWHERE FOR AN OLD ONE BUT CAN'T FOND IT. THE MECH SAID THIS NEW PART IS THE ONLY THING HE CAN ORDER. THE OLD VALVE IS BLACK AND IS MUCH LONGER THAN THE NEW ONE. IF YOU CAN DIRECT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THAT WOULD BE GREAT<br /> ANDY ROSS

JOHNNY BOAT

Recruit

If your Mfgr. says:<br /><br />That motors 7 years old.<br />Part is no longer available.<br />We lose $$ on service!<br />EPA made me do it!<br />Parts at central warehouse, you'll get them next month.<br />We don't make parts for those.<br />We only do warranty work.<br />Our techs only fix late models.<br />No clue what's wrong! So we'll work time & material. <br />Baloney!!<br /><br />Contact the Mastertech!<br /> http://www.maxrules.com/fixtshoot.html <br />dont know if they can help or not just reading this at the same time i was reading your problem good luck