Location of Model #

valiantjedi

Cadet
Hi everyone,<br /><br />I just bought a 18' Capital built custom and it came with a 115hp Direct Injection Mercury motor. I have having a hard time finding the Model # of the engine though. The only thing I've found so far is on the housing of the motor that states it's a 1150. I can already tell I'll be replacing some of the engine wires because they are corroded. I also need a new lower outdrive housing, does anyone know the cost of the housing itself? There may be a gear loose somewhere also. The lady who had the boat before I got it stored it improperly and let water sit inside the engine which rusted the lower outdrive. Then when they went to start the engine the lower outdrive threw some bearings into the drive shaft. I managed to get most of the housing apart except for part of the bullet which is being stubborn. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Location of Model #

Should have a merc sticker on the motor under the cowling. Otherwise, get the serial number off the transom sticker (some have models on them too) and run the number.

valiantjedi

Cadet

Cool thanks, yeah didn't see anything on the engine sticker itself. I'll check the transom when I get home.

Laotzu

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Go to Mercury parts express and enter your serial#. The next screen asks for your zip code, on the next screen, pick a dealer,the next screen will have your serial# and model number listed at the top. <br /><br />Jerry

valiantjedi

Cadet

Hmm no luck. No serial numbers on the engine or on the transom. I found the link via the other threads though and this looks exactly like the engine. Only one problem though, it's an inline 6 and direct injection. I wasn't aware they made them in this year. The engine says 1150 on the outside and 6. Any ideas?<br /><br /> http://www.myfishingpictures.com/showphoto.php?photo=25789&sort=7&thecat=998&password=

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer

I do not believe it is direct injection, as I have had several "tower of power" inline 6's. The newer 115's are DI 4 cylinder motors. Your motor looks like one of the old "Blue Band" era motor. Very popular and lots of parts swap in and out.... If you need a lower foot, go out on Ebay for used, or Iboats for new. They are a plenty. Also get a manual, those lower foots are sometimes tricky to get the nose gears out....

valiantjedi

Cadet

Lol no that's a picture of the one it looks like, the cowel looks like that anyway. It also says Direct Injection on the cowel. I'll find a place to host a picture of it so I can get a better look for everyone. I found the number below under the top engine cowel though on the inside. It doesn't seem to match any motor number I can find though. I found a part number also on the engine itself but it was too dark to read it. I'll check again tomorrow night to see if I can match the part number to any specific engine year. Thanks again everyone, the help is much appreciated.<br /><br />XK21143905

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

You can post it under the link above. Use my username unicorn and password amcor1<br /><br /><br />460 AKA Unicorn.