Reasonable Expectations?

cutaway

Recruit
Is there any consensus of opinion in terms of how many running hours a person should expect to get out of a 1997 Johnson 225 Ocean Runner, given that the engine is properly maintained and operated under normal, non-comercial circumstances?<br />I've owned it since new, run it since late 1998, and I run it about once every month or two :) offshore for an average of about 10 hours per trip.(probably 5 hrs cruise, 5 hrs. troll or idle.)<br />Currently I would guesstimate less than 500 total hrs. on this motor.<br />Just wondering at what point down the road I should start thinking about a repower.<br />I haven't posted before, but I know there are some very knowledgable people on this forum, so I thought it would be a great place to ask.<br /><br />Best to all

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Reasonable Expectations?

Howdy, cutaway.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />If your Johnny has Ficht direct injection it has already outlasted reasonable expectations.<br /><br />On the other hand, if it is carbureted average life is around 1500 hours and a well maintained engine should go 2,000 to 4,000 hours.<br /><br />Good luck. :)