Boatfix.com Why are they so much cheaper?

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hi,<br /><br />I'm about to buy an impeller kit for my Merc 850. From what I can tell...if I don't want the housing...but want all the other parts (impeller, O-rings, gaskets, etc...) then I need Sierra part # 18-3217.<br /><br />In looking on line...prices seem to vary from $24.95 to over $45.00......**EXCEPT** at boatfix.com. Their price is $14.95.<br /><br /> boatfix.com<br /><br />Am I missing something? Reading the archives here seems to indicate that they are reputable and all.<br /><br />It's just such a large difference; percentage wise at least.<br /><br />Any comments? Thanks for reading, Chuck

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Boatfix.com Why are they so much cheaper?

I also have noticed their good prices. However, when I replaced my stator I bought from Seiler marine. Subsequently, I noticed that boatfix was $6 cheaper after shipping. Seiler's shipping was included in the price. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from boatfix. Only thing, I'm in Seilers 1 day shipping range so unless there is a big difference I'll probably stick with them.<br /><br />Dave..

danie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Be thankful when you deal with a company that doesnt want to get rich quickly.

24gradyexp

Cadet

boatfix buys in large quantity and supplies military and govt agencies as well as being a distributor. This is what I was told on the phone. I have bought several Items. Always prompt delivery. They ship from several strategically located warehouses.