new purchase

cluelessboater

Recruit
im new to boating i recently purchased a 1979 17ft customcraft with a 1969 evinrude 85 horse it has a powertrim and a tilt trailer igave 1300 dollars for it it also had an extra parts motor it runs good and shifts into f and r good do yall think i got ripped off?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: new purchase

I only would have paid $1290 for that boat, you got ripped off for $10. Just kidding. :) <br /><br />Welcome to iboats.<br /><br />You aren't gonna get a decent operational boat for much cheaper.<br />If it serves your needs, be happy with it.

Bondo

Staff member

You did a Whole Lot Better than the guy whos going to buy a 20 odd year old Tunnel Hull, with a Worn Out motor,. for $5000.00,.......<br />Just because it's got a couple of Fishing Poles,+ fresh Canvas on it..........<br /><br />Good Luck,+ EnJoy............ :)

Tufan

Petty Officer 1st Class

1969 Evinrude on it and still runs.. Thats sound fair to me, roscoe is right.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thought I was the only one with a custom craft. Great strong hull. Is my boat of choice with a 50 merc. Later became RIVIERA. Later became RIVIERA FIBER CORP. Like it so much had a new larger one built last year. Used as rental boats here in the gulf. Should give you years of pleasure. If you can still read the data plate was it mfg. around tampa? regards fred