Smart Tabs

501ZP

Cadet
Sounds like I work for Nauticus but these really do work. Better than I expected.<br /><br />1992 Stingray 501ZP 16.5’ bow rider 75 Evinrude e-tec 14 x 19 alum. Prop.<br /><br /> BEFORE: Plane speed - 20 mph, had to give it full throttle to reach plane. Very high bow rise and poor helm control between start and plane. Turns were typical. Cruise speed was 37 mph with full balanced steering and 4200RPM. Top end fully trimmed, 42mph+- and walking on the chines. Trim sensitive for porpoising. 5000 rpm's. <br /><br /> NOW: Virtually no bow rise. Smooth transition to plane at 11 - 12 mph and all speeds between. Much flatter turns. Fantastic slow speed helm. I can go slow and still see where I am going. Straight as an arrow and no wandering. No pounding through the waves. 5000 rpm's and 42 on the GPS. No loss of top end. <br /> :cool:

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Smart Tabs

Good info and Welcome!

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Thanks for the report. Reduce the presure a bit at the plate bracket and you should pick up 2 MPH or more.

501ZP

Cadet

Thanks John,I'll do just that. Thanks for your help on the phone as well.I just brushed the snow off the other day and winterized so I'll report back in the spring.