"04" 90 hp no water out the pee tube

mrbuster

Cadet
I have no water comming out the pee tube of the engine. I cant locate a manual. I was in some reak nasty weeds in Black Lake NY. IM willing to make repair, but dont where to begin. Is there an impella in the lower unit? I see the water intake holes. I can blow out the hose to the pee hole and through the water pump doun to the intake holes. Thats where IM lost. Thanks in advance.

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: "04" 90 hp no water out the pee tube

MrBuster Go here.<br /><br /> http://www.biggerhammer.net/mercury/factory_manuals/ <br /><br />The "pee hole" can get clogged very easily. Take a small wire and poke in it (need to have engine running in water or on muffs) If this does'nt work<br />you can try blowing air in. Check above to find online manual which will tell you how to change impeller. Good Luck<br /><br />Bob

mbhenry

Cadet

Not knowing what engine you have. Tha best method to clear a clogged pee tube is to remove your engine cowl. Locate the tube and the hose leading to it. On the hose, you will see a plastic wire tie, holding the hose onto the tube. Clip the tie off and carefully remove the hose. Now hook up muffs to the engine and turn on the hose. Hold the rubber hose over the side of the engine and start the engine. (sometimes this takes 2 people) This will clean out the hose.<br />Just sticking something up the tube to clear it WILL NOT remove the clogging debris. You must remove it, or it will reclogg.<br />Mike

mrbuster

Cadet

I purchased a set of ears last nite. I did in the mean time blow everything out. I can blow through everything. The motor is a 90ELPTO. I havent located a manual that goes to 2004. I'll keep looking, I want one for the future. I'll post tonight on my results. Thanks to all.