1992 175hp EFI

tbf85

Recruit
Hello everyone, I just got a 1992 procraft 18 foot bass/ recreation boat with a mercury 175 EFI on it, I was just wondering if there are any special maintence things I might want to look at before going on the water?<br />Thanks

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: 1992 175hp EFI

Hi tbf85. Welcome to iboats.<br /><br />Is you Merc also a 92? Do you know the maintenance history of the motor? If not, I'd recommend a lower unit gear lube change, and a water pump rebuild. It's just peace of mind to know what you are starting with. If you know it's been done recently, you can abandon that. <br /><br />Did you have a on the water test? If so I probably wouldn't worry too much.<br /><br />As long as the motor didn't sit without use and/or proper storage, just don't venture out too far and be sure to have a cell phone or VHF radio.<br /><br />Be safe and have fun!

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class

If it was mine: 1.new water pump<br /> 2. lower unit fluid<br /> 3.tune up<br /> 4.fresh gas with seafoam<br /> 5. check warning system<br /> 6. good battery

tbf85

Recruit

Thanks a lot, yeah it has been run and looks to be in good order and I have gotten the history on it. both of y ou helped me out a lot tho, thanks.