tacho - rev counter not working.

Derekne

Recruit
Hello ive been all over the internet trying to get an answere for this.<br />I have a 60 mercury oil injection outboard trim and tilt on a Fletcher. I have just got this boat and the Rev counter doesnt work. On the back of it it reads Battery then theres a purple wire <br />"GND" (ground earth I think) BLACK<br />Sender which is Gray<br />On the same harness there is a white with Blue stripe hanging loose. Also a Brown with white stripe loose. No where for these to go?<br />All the wires plug into my old looking quicksilver throttle box harness..<br />From there I think it will go to the alternator type thing on engine. Ive looked for brakes in wires they look on and attached. Does the sender cable come out of the throttle box the same colour (GRAY) or does it change. As I cant get into the throttle control box.<br />I thank you for reading id be happy for any feed back at all. As im truely stuck. :confused: :confused: <br />Regards.....<br /> Derek

north40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: tacho - rev counter not working.

Derek<br />Your tach is wired correctly. The blue/white wire is a tilt/trim wire; the brown/white is for a trim indicator gauge. Make sure you are getting power to tach...does needle go to zero when key is turned on? If needle does not move gage is bad. If needle moves but gage does not register when running, problem may be in wiring on engine. You can test grey wire to see if pulses are getting to tach.