Too much oil

LewisW96

Seaman Apprentice
I'm having problems with my oil injection on my '98 200 EFI. The injection system is still working OR using oil from the tank but I get an oil alarm once in a while and not on any pattern. I've checked the oil level cap and it's OK. I have checked the water in fuel sensor and it's OK. I have also checked the gear on the crankshaft and it's OK. I'm down to the motion sensor (which also checked good) or the module. And the module being almost $200, I can't afford to test the module with a new one and it be the motion sensor. <br />Well, in the mean time Can I run a 50/50 oil mix in the fuel tank and still have the oil injection on the motor work? It's just getting double oil and I can't see that hurting anything but maybe some carbon build-up and some smoke. I would just hate for something to happen and leave me stranded in the middle of the lake with O/B as a anchor.<br /><br />Lewis

Ben Konopacky

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Too much oil

LouLou;i dont think you mean 50/50, thats like <br />1/2&1/2 oil/gas I would not use that mix. IF you pre mix 50/1 and still use the inj.together it will be like using a 25/1 mix and would not hurt,will smoke a little,little more is better then less.

LewisW96

Seaman Apprentice

Yes I meant 50:1 mix. I went out today and the boat ran great and the alarm did not come on at all. I ran the big motor for about 25 or 30 minutes and not one buzz. Lotsa smoke at start-up but not much at 4-5000 RPMs.<br /><br />Lewis

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

The OEM shop manual gives good info for trouble shooting the oiling system.