laddies I need your help!!!!

tomkatesam

Cadet
I have a 1975 mercury 850 with the thunderbolt ignition system. I went to start the engine yesterday and it would not start. I checked the spark and thier was none. I checked the red and white wires and only the red has power. I checked the rectifier, coil and they are fine. I did the test with jumping the brown and white and i got nothing, i even jumped the white and red wire. What should i do next? Please help me it seems like your really know what your talking about.

tomkatesam

Cadet
Re: laddies I need your help!!!!

I found out the white wire had come loose inside the wire harness, and now the engine has spark. I know have another question, when i was bridging the brown and the white wire on the three post side when I was unhooking the ground from the black wire thier was a loud boom and thier was a lot of smoke and know the engine is real throaty when trying to start.

Laddies

Banned
Re: laddies I need your help!!!!

Sorry I wasn,t ignoring you just missed your post, What happened with the boom was, if the system is working properly any voltage fluction will fire the ign. ( hooking or unhooking the battery-turning the switch on and off and many other things) it's always a suprize the first time, glad you got it running--Bob