1988 60hp Oil Injection - Auto Lube

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander
I removed the autolube system from my motor and opted to pre-mix instead.<br /><br />I disconnected the wiring as well. The control no longer beeps when I turn the ignition on.<br /><br />Question:<br /><br />The oil injection had three wires in the connector (tan, black, and purple). Tan looks like it went to the temperature switch junction block. Black was ground and also went to the junction block. The purple had a push-lock connector on the harness, and is now disconnected.<br /><br />I suspect that the problem is that the purple wire on the motor is currently not going anywhere. Perhaps the warning module doesn't have power anymore.<br /><br />Anyone done this before, and know what I need to do to make it work properly?

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1988 60hp Oil Injection - Auto Lube

When I ground the temp sender the alarm sounds, so I guess the alarm when the key is turned to the ON position just doesn't function without the autolube system. My suspicion is that the alarm module with the 12v power supply triggers the key test alarm. Since the alarm module is part of the autolube unit I will not get the beep without it. Live 'n learn.