MARINER ??

ambers21

Cadet
vin ## ob124982.can some one get me the tear.and its a 50 hp oil injected.can i remove the injecter system?and can i put an automotive temp gauge on the engine.that buzzer works when it wants to and its driving me crazy<br />oh,and where is the temp switch on the block.thanks alot.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: MARINER ??

Originally posted by ambers21:<br /> vin ## ob124982.can some one get me the tear. What's a 'tear'?<br /><br />and its a 50 hp oil injected.can i remove the injecter system?Yes, but not recommended. Are you having problems with it?<br /><br />and can i put an automotive temp gauge on the engine. No.<br /><br />that buzzer works when it wants to and its driving me crazy The buzzer is telling you something is wrong.<br /><br />oh,and where is the temp switch on the block. in the cylinder block cover. It'll have a tan wire to it.<br /><br />thanks alot.

ambers21

Cadet

sorry about the spelling.it was year not tear.i let my kid post it for me.as for the oil injector system i was told it could be the unit not pumping enough oil and or the engine over heating.it buzzed times in a row when i throttled it up to full,if i back it down to half speed it was fine.is ther any way of getting a temp reading on the engine?i dont trust that buzzer.

Moody Blue

Captain

Year looks to be a 1986 3 cyl by the s/n you provided.<br />Don't want to contradict others here but here is my 2 cents worth. Many people have disabled the oil injection system. I believe you can get a kit from the dealer to do the job properly.<br />I have installed an automotive temp gauge & sender on my Mariner and it works fine. Make sure you buy the sender with the gauge so they are compatible. My gauge came with multiple adapters for the sender unit and I ended up using the 1/8" NPT adapter. My block had a pipe plug installed in a port intended for either a temp or pressure gauge. Removed the plug, installed the sender unit and hooked it up to the gauge. Simple install.<br />How does the buzzer sound ? Steady tone or beep beep beep ? That thing is there for good reason and you must figure out why it is going off. Don't ignore it or you will be sorry.<br />Looks like that motor has a 110* thermostat but I could be wrong.

funpilot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can't answer the year thing. But if you are overheating, you might have clogged water passages, or a bad impeller (water pump) you need to find out if you have enogh water cooling the engine. You can buy temperature strips from an automotive supply that adhere to your cylinder head, and will indicate the temperature. Alternatively, you should be able to hold your hand on the head for a few seconds. If things are working right.<br /><br />If you are concerned about oil injection, premix some 50:1 gas and oil, and then fill your oil tank, or mark the level in the tank. After about six gallons of use, the tank should be down about 16 oz (a pint). If it is, your oil injection is working. Since you will be running heavy on the oil with this test, you may want to decarb afterwards.<br /><br />good luck

Moody Blue

Captain

The temp switch is located just to the port side of the middle cylinder. As mentioned already, it will have a tan wire running to it and is held in place by a single screw. The thermostat and housing is located towards the top of the motor on the port side.

ambers21

Cadet

thanks everyone.ias for that damn buzzer,it goes off as soon as i turn the key .cold or hot.i have tried to remove the wires from the injector pump and it still buzzing.butt.i did run direct power to the pump and it did not pump nothing.

Moody Blue

Captain

The buzzer is supposed to sound momentarily each time the key is turned on. This is a self test. The oil injection pump is mechanically driven off the crankshaft so I don't understand what you mean by removing the wires from the injector pump or running direct power to the pump. The pump only operates if the motor is running. The wires you are refering to may be for the low oil sensor on the reservoir. Does your motor have an oil reservoir on it?

ambers21

Cadet

its onlya 50 hp.the oil injector kit is mounted on the floor of the boat.my gas line from my tank(straight gas) goes into this pump and then it mixes oil in the gas and heads to the carbs.as for the buzzer.it goes on and stays on untill i took the wires off the injector setup.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by ambers21:<br /> its called an AUTO BLEND
Bin it and use pre-mix at 50:1<br /><br />Chris..........

ambers21

Cadet

bin it is right.i cant believe the price for some of the parts to that thing.anyways with the price of gas going up and up i am not going to leave 10 gallons of straight gas laying in my boat for someone to walk off with.if its mixed they will leave it alone.