unclogging a water tube

gr8angler

Recruit
have a motor that has a new water pump last spring,now it has no flow.Is it safe to focre water thru with say a pressure washer or an air compressor?

ehenry

Commander
Re: unclogging a water tube

I'd ckeck the tell-tale first. THeres probably a bug nest up in it or a dirt dobber.

Moody Blue

Captain

I'd ckeck the tell-tale first. THeres probably a bug nest up in it or a dirt dobber.
yep, happens quite often. run a small wire up into the telltale hose and check for blockage.

olefisherman

Cadet

you prob have fixed the water thing already , I had same problem hooked the muffs to hot water faucet . instant cure . cold water well broken in engine. thermostat!! lots of luck:)

RLT III

Petty Officer 2nd Class

when you replaced the impeller if it was round with no flanges pieces could be jammed so where you can take the tell tale of run some coat hanger through it and take your hose and run it back into the motor a backflush and if you have a thermostat to much pressure will blow it so start slow until you hear the water making it's way through motor and out the lower unit

country boy

Seaman

just thought id add a penny to the kiddy,I keep a 3ft peice of weed eater string wrapped around one of my plug wires to unclog the tale tale for the pest nest in there and it woks for me !!