Which used boat?

snapper-3

Cadet
Looking for a starter boat that's capable of operating in The Chesapeake Bay and maybe 5-8 miles out in the ocean (on a nice day). There are two boats that are available that I like very much:<br /><br />1) 2001 Edgewater 185CC w/ 115 Mercury OB<br />2) 2002 Grady White 180 Sportsmen w/ 115 Yamaha OB<br /><br />Both are similarly equipped and around the same price. The Edgewater has a fixed mount GPS. <br /><br />Any comments or suggestions on these boats or why I should select one over the other?<br /><br />Thanks!

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Which used boat?

The Grady has a similar price as the Edgewater? Those two boats are not even in the same league.<br />If it passes inspection go with the Grady!

snapper-3

Cadet
Re: Which used boat?

I guess I should amend my statement about the similar equipment. The Edgewater has several items that are not included on the Grady such as fixed GPS, console canvas, ski pylon, swim step w/ladder, and maybe a couple other small options. I guess that may be why they're priced within $2500 of each other. <br /><br />b.gagnon: Why do you say the boats are not even in the same class?