bent and broken skeg help

KIPER

Cadet
can you get the lower housing or do you have to get the whole lower unit with gears. 2001 merc 225 opti. i ran over something and bent the skeg and broke off about 4 in , and took a chunk out of the prop. mech tells me that mine has to be sent off and rebuilt then sent back could take 2 weeks or more. help with some info please

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: bent and broken skeg help

The skeg can be replaced. We send several out per season. They weld on a new one and finish it so that you could never tell. Our guy takes a week.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

if harrisonburg is not to far from portsmouth Jerry Duran at bay propellor can usually turn around a skeg weld and a prop rework/rehub in a week. sometime less if I beg :) :) . about the best prop shop I ever used. I have used them since the late 80's early 90's or so. and UPS delivers. ship it out monday and its usually back thursday or friday.

KIPER

Cadet

thanks everybody for the help i have found a shop that has done these before in my area. another question i have is how close can u cut and then reweld this piece without pulling the hub out,if it nees to be cut that high <br /><br />rodbolt do you have a # just in case this other place does'nt work out