larson 1990 alpha one

KXP

Seaman Apprentice
I got the boat ready to go on the water a little early here but was planning to take it to the shop tomorrow and have them check it out last year when i winterized it it was making a noise coming from the motor it sounded like but after reading some posts maybe might be u joints or gimbel it sounds like a rumbling the motor sounds good i grased everything i could without pulling the drive i mean that the engine starts real nice .I was just interested in the pro here if you can give me some heads up for tomorrow so i dont go in blind.thank you

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: larson 1990 alpha one

when was the last time the drive was off for inspection and greasing ?<br /> now maybe a good time. :)

KXP

Seaman Apprentice

rodbolt i forgot to put that i think it was 1993 according to the records i got with the boat.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

its only 11 years overdue. carefully inspect the drive bellows while your in there for dryrot/holes. when was the last water pumprebuild in the gearcase ?<br /> may wanna look into that as well

KXP

Seaman Apprentice

just curious what do you think ball park to do this would cost.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

here? if it had not been off in 11 years Iwould not try. tomuch work. in your fresh pond if there is no corrosion? maybe 2 hours to remove inspect and change a water pump. parts maybe 60 dollars or so unless the bellows is bad. or a bearing. if the bellows is bad you willneed a gimbal bearing,2 ujoints, an input yoke and a bellows.<br /> that gets pricy. thats why we reccomend a bellows change every 3 years or so.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I/O topic