84 merc

the real bear

Recruit
I have a 84 merc 35 horse I cant get the trim switch to function properly. When I hit the trim switch it does the same thing as the trailer switch no limits on the movements any ideas anyone thanks.

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: 84 merc

If you are not underway, your engine will tilt all the way up, but if you put it in gear, it will only go as far as the trim will go. Are you saying that you can trimm clear out of the water when underway?

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

That sounds strange.<br /><br />I had a bad switch that would only let me trim up with Trailer button and down with trim switch.

the real bear

Recruit

when I first got the boat the trim switch would only let the motor go to the limits for trim. when putting it on my trailer or wanting to trim out of water at the dock or when using trolling motor I had to use the trailer button now it trims out the water with the trim button even if in gear.

the real bear

Recruit

does anyone know how to set the trim limits for running the motor maybe I can reset them.

Laddies

Banned

it sounds like the trim limit button is stuck in is located on the cyl. follow the wires usally a little power tune will free it up-----bob