Bow Walk-thru door/curtain

watered down

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would like to add a bow walk-thru door or curtain. The dealer said that he does not like the snap on curtain because it does not work well. Said he saw a door on Overtons that you can install.<br /><br />Anyone know where I can find something like this? I can't find anything on Overtons. <br /><br />P.S: 5 hours on the new boat and going out again tomorrow.

navigator336

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Bow Walk-thru door/curtain

I would guess you'll have to make one as the opening dimensions are different for every boat. I made one once out of marine vinyl and a snap kit which you can get at West Marine. The dealer is right, the snaps are a pain and the "curtain will bow in at speed. It would be easy enough to make one out of plastic and a couple of pieces of aluminum angle (slide in) or hinged on the bottom. If you make it out of plastic I'd use 1/2" thick polyethylene or 5/16" thick polycarbonate (GE Lexan). Don't use acrylic or polystyrene. American Plastics in Camarillo has a good section of plastics, while Home Depot may have the polycarbonate.<br /><br />Another alternative, and the one I used for years, is the ice chest with plenty of beer goes into the walk-through area.

watered down

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bow Walk-thru door/curtain

Thanks, I think I like your alternative method better, LOL.<br /><br />I suppose I could make a slide-in...have to sit down and think this through.