Newbie looking for new boat. Need help

TXJOLE

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all, I need help. I am in the market for a new ski/runabout boat this winter. I'm looking to spend around 25k. Here some of my musts, 20 foot or better, inboard/outboard, sun deck and must be new (05-06). On my limited searches I found the Tahoe Q6 to give you and idea of what im in the market for. I plan on attending the Dallas boat show in February, but would like to narrow down my options to make the most of my time. Thanks for any suggestion you can give. Joe

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Newbie looking for new boat. Need help

Here is another thread on the Tahoe brand - 2003 Tahoe Q7 Good buy? Good Boat? <br /><br />At the boat show you will find a LOT of boats to look at. Besides Tahoe, also take a look at Bayliner, Caravelle, Glastron, and Stingray.<br /><br />Kelly Cook

QC

Supreme Mariner

Why does it have to be new? :confused: You can get a lot of boat for $25K if you go used . . .

garycinn

Chief Petty Officer

$2K more gets you this new "leftover" '05:<br /><br />
80174214_1.jpg
<br /><br />With an 260 HP, MPI V8; and no wood construction.<br /><br /> http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/4/80174214.htm <br /><br />Lots of examples like that shouldn't have to force you to "settle" on something you don't want.

cart7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A friend of mine bought a Tahoe deck boat about 6 years ago. I went over to his house the first day he brought it home after picking it up down in Springfield.<br /><br />All I can say is, I was shocked that any company would pass off as "NEW" the boat he got. What's worse was the terrible customer service and service he got when he took it back numerous times for not only all the original problems but new ones that popped up during the first year. <br /><br />The runabout Q series are made in the same plant as the deckboats. I'd steer waaaaayyyy far away from anything by Bass Pro shops. They're bad news.