oil related problem or electrical ?

halfpint1

Seaman Apprentice
:confused: 1992 40ELO Mariner 6E9-L-450354. In early June I wrote this sight about an alarm problem it started out beep beep then went to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep :confused: even without the motor running. Well the mechanic unplugged both the overheat sensor and the oil sensor and the alarm still sounded so he said it was a bad alarm so he said he doesn't replace the alarm he just unhooks them. Well that helped the noise but not the problem. The motor wants to die out underway. I bought a new gas tank,cleaned the plugs and re-gapped them (via manual)cleaned the carb bowl and cleaned the oil reserve float, took the boat out and for 3 trips out it ran better than ever no problems. Then it started the same thing again. I tried the same procedures that I tried before but this time it didn't help.The mechanic is swamped forever so I guess I'm on my own till he calls. I checked all the gas lines and oil lines and they seem fine.I tried seafoam and that didn't seem to help either. I checked our manual for the oil reservior because I thought it could be the sensor and the manual is for a motor with auto-blend, mine doesn't have that function.I have a system where there is 2 caps--one is the filler cap and the other one has 2 wires hooked up to it and it is on the top of the float. Got in touch with marineengine to see if they sent me the wrong parts catalog but they haven't got back to me yet. Could it be that when the original problem started some kind of sensor was tripped? It starts and idles just fine . :confused: