converting a Yamaha to oil injection?

barrolini

Cadet
I am wondering whether it is possible to convert a 1998 Yamaha Enduro 60 2Stroke to an oil injection system?

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: converting a Yamaha to oil injection?

Why bother? Just looking for trouble...stick to mixing 50:1 and you can't blow up the motor because some injection part went south. I wouldn't do it.

barrolini

Cadet

Robby6950<br />Because I have to replace my auxilliary engine, I would like to make the move to 4 stroke. By converting the larger 2 Stroke to injection I could run both without pre-mix and, when it becomes necessary, replace the larger engine with a 4 Stroke. Adding a separate gas tank is not a practical option in my case. I do appreciate your input.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

not a good way. the enduro was never oil injected so the block and crank wont work.<br /> sorry

barrolini

Cadet

rodbolt-<br /><br />Thanks. At least I can put that idea to rest.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Johnnyrude offered a something called AccuMix I believe. It was an oil tank/pump combo that did what you want to do. There was also an in-tank version for their 6 gallon tanks, but those mixed at 100:1. I believe the inline version was 60:1. It was only rated up to 50Hp for reasons I don't know. I don't know if they're still available. Merc/Mariner offered something similar called AutoBlend. They had problems and I don't think you can get much for parts for those anymore. Most people eliminated them in favor of premixing.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

willy<br /> the OMC tank mixer was a good idea it just did not work well. old gas seemed to gum it up. wasnt a design flaw was a consumer issue but it still made them stop. cant train consumers but so much and no one will take care of a gas tank :) :) . and the auto/blend we called auto/blow. it was a really sucky thing. I have seen some new aftermarket oil mixers but dont know how well they work. never tried it.<br /> I dont design nor redesign them I just fix em.