Disconnecting Oil Injection on 150 black max

bucklt

Cadet
I wanted to see if anyone knows everything that needs to be disconnected to bypass the oil injection on a 1992 black max 150 so that I can just premix my fuel. I was at the lake today and saw an oil slick behind my boat. I took the cowling off and the bottom of the engine was full of oil. I started looking for the source of the oil leak and saw that the line that goes from the oil pump to the gas line was cracked. I don't trust the oil injection system anymore and I want to bypass it and just mix my oil so that I know I am getting oil to the engine.<br /> I also have another question about the oil warning buzzer. If the oil reservoir is full of oil and supplying the oil pump, would the warning buzzer ever sound? Can these warning buzzers detect if you are not getting enough oil to the motor, or do they just detect the amount of oil in the reservoir and that the oil pump is functioning? I'm hoping that my motor never starved for oil and that there was no engine damge due to the cracked line.

FlyBoyMark

Ensign
Re: Disconnecting Oil Injection on 150 black max

Listen to yourself...you don't trust oil injection anymore because you didn't inspect your engine regularly for superficial parts decaying from age????? Have you even looked at your gas lines lately? If they crack, you won't be able to trust the fuel pump anymore? :rolleyes: <br />The Mercury oil injection system is alot more reliable than you.<br /> REPLACE the oil lines and be done with it. :cool:

LubeDude

Admiral

Boy, I thought I was blunt, Guess Im not the only one.<br /><br />Yes, the Mercury later model oil injection is as relaiable as the oporator, fix the problems, (BEFORE) they happen, Its called preventive Maintenance. Think about it, your engine is like twelve years old, actually all that should have been replaced years ago. Now that we know how the maintenance was, how old is your water pump impeller? :eek:

bucklt

Cadet

Yeah, but if the gas lines crack it won't ruin my motor. I put a new water pump impeller on last week.

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

Didja ever hear about Ficht injected motor cowlings blowing up??? :eek: :eek: :eek: <br />Do you know what a lean run does to a fuel starved 2 cycle??? :eek: <br />All that gasoline in there with all those old cracked wires and old sparkplug wires.. Hmmmm... :eek:

FlyBoyMark

Ensign

Not tryn' ta pick on ya Buckit...but what your NOT doing is serious stuff... :cool:

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by FlyBoyMark:<br /> Not tryn' ta pick on ya Buckit...but what your NOT doing is serious stuff... :cool:
Yep, I couldnt agree more, What part of lean cylinder, (Caused by air in fuel line), Seized piston. dont you understand? Or the lean condition can be caused by a chunk of old deteriorated hose pluging one of the jets..<br /><br />Change (ALL) the fuel lines and filters NOW!