Engine hours from Yamaha digital gauges

sort

Seaman Apprentice
I would like to know if there is a way to get the engine hours from the Yamaha digital gauges. I thought I had heard/read somewhere that these digital gauges store the engine hours but not sure of the trick to get them to display hours.<br />I do not have the original owners manual for the gauges.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: Engine hours from Yamaha digital gauges

Only the digital tachs from the last 2 years have the hour meter built in.<br /><br />If you have an HPDI or an EFI 4 stroke, you can use the diagnostic software and a laptop to find out the hours, and at what rpms.

bossee

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hi,<br />I have Yamaha digital guages with my Yamaha F115, 2003. It is the tachometer that has a Mode button and You press mode (repeat) until "h" (hours) is shown (like "54 h" if that happen to be the total hours the engine has been run). It can show:<br />1. total hours,<br />2. trip hours,<br />3. off<br /><br />If pressing the mode and set buttons at the same time for more than 1 second the trip hours will be reset to 0. The total hours the engine has been used can not be reset.<br /><br />Seahorse mentioned that built in hour meter in the tachometer has been there the past 2 years so I guess 2002 was the first year then.

sort

Seaman Apprentice

Guess I'm outaluck....<br />1995/96 unit<br /><br />Thanks.