Missing parts

microblue4

Cadet
I have an old Mercury 350 (made around 1966). I recently took it in for repairs and when I got it back I found the parts that hold the throttle and gear shift cables in place were missing. The shop people seem to have no idea where they are or what they even look like. I am beginning to lose hope that they will ever replace them. Any ideas?<br /><br />Thanks!

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Missing parts

Hi Bill,<br /><br />From this drawing list the numbers of the parts that are missing and I'll give you the part numbers. If they lost them, they should replace them.<br /><br /><br />Chris.........<br /><br />Edit: drawing deleted....

natedennis

Cadet

well ill tell you,,,, ive been finding parts for my merc 200 1964 model at oldmerc.com <br />i just found this with google.<br />luck to you and a disaster to the shop that lost them.

microblue4

Cadet

Hi<br /><br />The diagram looks like it contains the parts that my cable ends fit onto.<br /><br />The cable ends are metal rods with holes in them. The holes fit over small rods about a centimeter long. Then the missing parts come into play. One looks like an oblong black metal plate and it is held on by a screw. There may also be a spring involved. The other is an oddly shaped, possibly plastic piece, with a screw and possibly a spring. I think I am getting closer...

achris

Bill,<br /><br />Try this drawing<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />Chris..............

microblue4

Cadet

Yes; I believe parts 29 to 32 are exactly the ones I need to connect one of the cables. I don't remember whether they would connect the throttle or gear shift cable. The remaining cable is connected by different-looking parts; perhaps just a plastic piece and a screw.<br /><br />Thanks!

achris

OK. This is the list of these parts. This is for the throttle cable.<br />
  • <br />
  • Throttle cable end securing<br />Latch -39483<br />Screw 10-22486<br />Spring 24-20099<br />Nut 11-20586<br />
<br /><br />Now, the shift cable. I think the previous drawing had that on it, so I'll throw that one up again.<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />I suspect you need parts 7,8,9. It's a bit hard to see on this drawing. 6 is the slide that the cable lays in and 7,8,9 secure the end to the slide.<br /><br />
  • <br />
  • Shift cable end securing.<br />Latch -39518<br />Screw 10-39620<br />Spring 24-27087<br />
<br /><br />Hope this helps......

microblue4

Cadet

Thank you!<br /><br />I have forwarded this to the shop and I will deliver a copy to the mechanic's home this evening!<br /><br />Thanks again!!!!<br /><br />If you are ever in Winnipeg, we can go fishin'