Black Max V6, Fuel leaking from Carbs/Airbox?

KCLOST

Commander
We've seen several questions lately about fuel leaking from carbs or fuel/oil residue present below the airbox and inside the bottom of the cowling....<br /><br />My question to those with V6 Carbed Mercs, do you see fuel coating the bottom of the airbox, or at least showing up underneath the carbs and if so How Much. I'm not talking about fuel running out of the carbs when squeezing the bulb, but just showing up after a day out running. <br />I notice this quite regularly, but keep in mind that I tilt my engine up frequently, which may allow fuel to run out of the carbs...<br /><br />So is this normal, or an indication of a problem?<br />I would like a consensus on this...<br /><br />I've never seen anything in a book about this...

DoctorCAD

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Black Max V6, Fuel leaking from Carbs/Airbox?

I see it in mine, but since I just got the boat, I wouldn't want to say if it is normal.

LubeDude

Admiral

I have the same thing, I wipe it off each time before I go fishing, it stays pretty dry as long as I do not lift the engine all the way up while fishing. Then when I put the boat away, it is there the next time out. Its not a lot, but just enough to make a little mess. I think I am a lot like you in the aspect of liking things to be neet and tidy so it bugs me also.<br /><br />By the way, thats a great avatar, it that actually your boat?

KCLOST

Commander

I wish! But no...<br /><br />Here's mine...<br /><br />
MVC-621S.JPG