please help mercury guy please

REEL TIME

Cadet
i have a 2001 optimax 200hp that i am having idling problems motor runs great at hi rpms and starts great but at first start motor idles at 550 for about 15 to 20 seconds then up to 1000 to 1100 i have to shut it down and restart it to go to 550 then 15 seconds back to 1000 rpms dealer says wiring problem after i just paid for a new computer for it at 1100.00 this is a platuim dealer.

vinney

Chief Petty Officer
Re: please help mercury guy please

I would start with the lastest tps sensor. The newest ones have a green dot on them. If the tps is the new one and it looks good on the DDT. If the boat has smart gauges up plug them. Smart gauges can affect the idle. I have seen broken reed valves on that engine have you ever buzzed the engine (run it on the rev limiter).

REEL TIME

Cadet

I am not sure what you mean by that but yes i have rev. it to 2400 before it starts to sputter i was told that as hi of rev. with out going and on the water 5600 no problem clean running at 5400

vinney

Chief Petty Officer

If you have jumped the boat out of the water it will over rev. and hit the rev limit. (hit a big wave). TPS throttle position sensor DDT Mercury scan tool.