Boat for Sale

danthern

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boat for Sale

I think this should be on Ebay, not the forum. Good luck!

i rowboat

Cadet

I think you'll find that most here do their own work, and darn proud of it, and rightly so; it's a place to learn and share, not sell. Use a broker, imho it's worth it.

Spencer14

Recruit

do any of you have an idea what the price would be if i posted to sell it on ebay?

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

With Ebay it's real simple...you can determine the absolute minimum you're willing to take on the sale and set a reserve. Unfortunately reserves are proven to scare away over 75% of potential buyers. So an even better way to get top dollar is to set up the auction for $1 minimum and no reserve. Then the market sets the true value, not the seller. And the bids will ALWAYS go higher than something sold with a reserve, BUT ONLY IF YOU LIST IT RIGHT. <br /><br />So...you want to be REAL good at writing descriptions and be experienced with Ebay. And when I'm selling something specialized like this on Ebay I'll usually time it with a paid written ad in local classifieds or boat newsletters to drum up LOTS of interest which directs lots of people straight to the Ebay link, and therefore minimizes the risk accidentally selling it for rock bottom. If you're not highly experienced with Ebay selling, I sure wouldn't recommend anyone try to learn how Ebay selling works with a big ticket item like a boat.<br /><br />Since the administrators correctly edited the initial post (no selling allowed) I no longer remember what kind of boat this was...but seems to me it was an antique of some sort. If so, I recommend you seek out an antique boat club in your area, join it, and start asking those people how to sell it and what it's worth. While there's a lot of people on this site with a lot of very general boating knowledge, it's doubtful there's very many with a working knowledge on appraising and selling antique boats, and there's only about 1736 variables that would effect the value of a boat that old. One would need to see it in person to be able to answer with any degree of accuracy. Good luck!