johnson outboard motor

bcarr1301

Recruit
just wondering what a 1936 A80 4.5Hp johnson outboard motor would be worth dollar wise.<br />thank you

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: johnson outboard motor

Hi Bill. I got a 36' 31.2hp Johnny. Looks like crap. But someday I hope to make it better. Value wise.....hard to say. Depends on the engine and it's shape and how much the "buyer" is willing to shell out. No.....don't expect to get rich quick. If it was me, I'd keep it and restore it. 'Course that's me.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: johnson outboard motor

Hi Bill,<br /> That's a decent little motor you've got there. Value is only what someone is willing to pay for it on a given day, and it's unlikely any two collectors would readily agree on what it's "worth" to them. For the sake of the discussion, it's probably worth more than $50.00, but I doubt you'd find anyone ready to give you $500. Condition is everything - is it complete? does it run? all parts and accessories function? etc.<br /> I'm with OBJ - if you've got the inkling, go ahead and clean it up, see what it needs to get running, etc. Decals are made for that motor, and there are lots of similar parts motors out there to serve as donor motors should you need anything for it. Check out the links page at www.aomci.org for parts sources.<br /> Have fun!<br />- Scott