Newbie - Help Needed

crashed

Cadet
Hi All,<br /><br />I am new to here and have just purchased a Fletcher 155 Arrowsport with a 80Hp Mercury.<br /><br />I need some help with a couple of things:<br /><br />1. Can anyone give me the build date of my engine - serial number OB371405 ?<br /><br />2. I need a new prop but can only make out the following off the old one:<br />48 7_31_ 41__<br /><br />Does this make any sense to anyone? If not can anyone recommend a prop to suit a 15.5" Fletcher with a 80Hp Mecury.<br /><br />Thanks in advance.<br /><br />Kevin

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Newbie - Help Needed

I can help with the year.<br /><br />80 B240451 - C099999 1988 3 cyl <br /><br />1988<br /><br />Craig

LubeDude

Admiral

Cant help you, but welcome to the board. Care to let us in on why you call yoursel "crashed"?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

I would say a 13" X 19" would get you real close on that size boat. This assumes it's a fairly heavy boat for it's size. If it's a light boat, you may want to opt for a 13" X 21" Prop. This info comes from Here:<br /><br /> web page<br /><br />BTW- If you have a prop shop near you, they will know what size it is. If it's not torn up too bad they can recondition it and re-pitch it for less than a new one.

crashed

Cadet

Thanks for all the help, hopefully I can now get a prop sorted and get in the water!<br /><br />I'm sure I'll be needing more help in the not so distant future...<br /><br />Many thanks<br /><br />Kevin<br /><br />Oh yeah, the name 'crashed' comes from years ago when I first started out with computers.... thats all they seemed to do! Kinda stuck with me..

Kev_03

Seaman Apprentice

LubeDude.............. I wont even guess where you got your name :D :D :D :D :D <br />As I heard a guy on a list say once RATFLMAO<br />Rolling around the floor laughing my a$$ off

LubeDude

Admiral

Honestly, I just made it up. Oils have been a hobbie of mine for 30+ years, and figured thats where my expertice was on this forum. Also I love boats and have had several and have helped in setting a lot of them up for max performance. Mostly Bass Boats.