25-1 gas/oil

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello again, well honed the cyclinders put in new rings and bearings/ seals and put her back together . She started the second pull but I now notice my pee hole water temp is really warm. The water pump is fairly new and the stream is fine. Does the dact of new rings and honed cyclinders in conjunction with high oil to gas ration cause a change iiin water temp. Before doing all this work on motor the pee hole water was always cool,even the exhaust plane never got warm, let me know what you think, thanks

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 25-1 gas/oil

whoops// thats exhaust cover plate and "dact" is Fact, sorry for the typo.

Paul Moir

Admiral

I remember reading somewhere that the reason you idle the engine for it's first hour of break in was because of the extra heating you get from the extra friction you have on the rings. And to avoid WOT for the next 8 hours for the same reason.<br />Keep an eye on it at this stage, and for the fun of it, check your compression readings every now and then.<br /><br />Good luck!

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Paul how sure are you on the pee hole water temp?<br />Today checked exhaust plate and saw that the bolts were backing out. The gasket was not seting right, thus causing water to enter to hot pistons and exit. This causing the pee water to exit steaming hot. Anyway re-sealed the plate . Must wait 12 hours for gasketand gasket sealent to cure. Hope this was my problem ....<br /> Will keep everybody posted.. <br /><br /> ryan :)

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, had the base gasket on backwards. This was blocking the water feed hole from lower unit. My exhaust plate had a crack on top screw, thus causing water to blow out here. <br /><br /> Anyway used extra exhaust plate from e-bay head and made some gaskets with some stuff called "right stuff" made by Permatex, because I could not wait for gaskets to get here. Seems to be running right now. Gaskets are holding up good for now. Peehole water temp cold, like it is to be. Even the exhaust plate is cold to touch, like it is to be as well.<br /><br /> She is running perfect. I gave thanks to GOD for his rebuild of this old motor. And I thank everyone here for their help from the tear-down to now. THANKS EVERYBODY----Ryan/Robert