primer blub goes flat

have two 200 h.p. johnson 1992. have one water separater with two outlets to the engines. the farest one from water separate primer blub goes flat and is getting no gas to engine/. what causes primer blub to go flat. iam going to replace its about 5 year old.<br />do i have other problems>???

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: primer blub goes flat

Howdy, . . . . uh, Howdy.<br /><br />You probably have a tank venting or pickup restriction that is allowing the fuel pump to suck the bulb flat. It could be the bulb, too.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Mettaree

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you have two bulbs after the single water separator - check the bulb that goes flat also make sure you don't have a restriction in the separator outlet to that fartherest engine.<br />Please post back and let us know.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> you really need to seperate the filters. the fuel vacum from one engine can close the check valve on the other primer and the filter probably wont flow the 40 gallons an hour those motors can use. I have seen the one filter for twins cause major damage. you must have a minimum 3/8ths line from the tank to the motor for each motor and the filters must be capeable of flowing 30 gallons per hour with less than 1"hg drop across the filter.<br /> good luck but I would reconfigure the fuel system before it melts a piston.<br /> oh. and ave a nyce day now ya heah:) I grew up in grand bay :)