stalling

GOBUTS2

Recruit
i have a 1995 mercury outbourd motor stalls at idle when in gear and carbs seem to load up runs rough for a short time after giving more gas than clears and runs fine at higher speed

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: stalling

Seems maybe that a float is sticking! Give us more to go on, Size of engine?<br /><br />LubeDude

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer

Put a couple of cans of "SeaFoam engine tune" (available a NAPA auto stores) in your gas tank and run it out... SeaFoam is a great decarbon and fuel cleaner/stabilizer. Run it through and see if it will help.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ditto stuck float. tap on fill bowl with but of<br />screwdriver in a pinch frees it up sometimes.<br />good luck,<br />M.Y.

GOBUTS2

Recruit

SORRY ABOUT THE LACK OF INFO. ON MY STALLING N GEAR AT IDLE MY MOTOR IS A 1995 MERC. 115 NEW PLUGS DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT ITS HISTORY I JUST BOUGHT IT

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer

Run a compression check with the engine warmed up. Post back with results. After we have seen that the compression is balanced, I would ckeck "Timing and synchronization" (in your manual) and make sure everything is according to spec. Just want to make sure we are working with a "Good" powerhead....