Does Racor separator ever need changing??

vesselgreenhead

Seaman Apprentice
I bought a raycor water seperator last year. The employee at west marine assured me it would be the last water seperator I bought. As anyone knows that has purchased this filter, it is about 4 times the cost of the conventional water seperator. It allows for the water to be drained out of the bottom of the filter via a screw bolt. Does this filter ever get saturated and need to be replaced?? How long is it good for?? Please don't tell me I paid four times the cost for a filter that needs to be replaced as often as the others!!?? for a fourth of the cost.... suggestions, please

crab bait

Captain
Re: Does Racor separator ever need changing??

just like a man's underskivvy's they must be changed at sometimes in the life..<br />nuthin' last forever not even FRUIT OF THE LOOM..<br />the instructions must tell you somethin'..

Capt. Bob

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Does Racor separator ever need changing??

Racor is top of the line in fuel filtration and water seperation. Keep in mind that the two are seperate issues. Normal fuel filter maintenance is at 50 hours of run time. If your tank is new or known to be free of particulate, you could wait longer. If you are filtering a lot of particulate, it could be less. As far as the water seperator, the filter doesn't get saturated because it seperates the water and allows you to drain it off from the bottom.<br /><br />Your mileage may vary...batteries not included.