Mercruiser Powertrim HELP NEEDED!

fazerpaul

Cadet
Hello ;) ,<br /><br />Unfortunenately the upper unit of my 1968 Mercruiser type "R" sterndrive cracked :mad: at the point where the trim rams are connected. After I unbolted the drive I tried the rams and saw that just one moved, the other one was really stuck. Now I changed the rams with good ones but can't get the system to work right.<br /><br />While pushing the "Up" button all I hear is the clicking of the solenoid at the pump. When I push "Down" the pump runs but nothing happens except spilling some ATF fluid out of the filling hole of the reservoir.<br /><br />The strange thing is that the pump did run in both directions before I took the rams off. What did I mess up :confused: ? Does anyone have a schematic of the solenoids and pump motor for me? Can you also tell me more about some pressure valve behind the engine and where the trim limiter switch is mounted if any?<br /><br />My boat is a 1968 Sea Ray SRV 185 I/O with a 250 c.i.d. GM six inline engine with 165 hp.<br /><br />I really appreciate your expert opinion on this problem :D !<br /><br />Many thanks in advance,<br />Kind regards from Holland,<br /><br />Paul Boumans