Quachita boat question

kyearber18hp

Cadet
I got an older Quachita alum. boat last year and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on it. Going by the serial NO. it was made in 1970, it's a 15' simi-v , about 4' across in the bottom . I bought it from the air base here in Little Rock AR. . It even says property of the US Navy on it.<br /> They took two bench seats out of the center of the boat and replaced it with one bench seat.<br /> Just curios if any one might be able to offer any info like what is the weight limit, motor size, or any way to mount a trolling motor on a pointed bow? :D <br /><br /> Thanks :cool:

Jango

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Quachita boat question

I have a 14ft Quachita, bought new in 1972. It is rated for 450lbs and 25HP. Boat weighs 172lbs.<br /><br />I suspect your's is heavier and could handle 35 - 40 HP.<br /><br />I mounted a trolling Motor, by bolting a 3X3 Alum. angle about 4 in long on the flat surface at the Bow. On the vert leg of the angle, I screwed some 3/4 thk Oak on each side to get some thickness for the Trolling motor clamp.<br /><br />You can also buy a setup from BassPro.<br /><br />In case you are not aware, Quachita's are built in Arkansas.

kyearber18hp

Cadet

Thanks Jango<br /> I knew that they were built in N AR. although I'm not sure where, but thanks for the info. My cousin has a 33horse sea king that I could get very cheap so I might just go to his house tonght ;) <br /><br /> Thanks again

da_n24

Cadet

can you post some pics? I got one about a year ago, it's a 16' v bottom quachita, and i've been looking for one like it on the net and can't seem to find one. It's a heavy duty one.