Merc V6 bleed hoses

ronmold

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have a '86 175 w/vertical reeds that was poorly but expensively rebuilt. Got a seloc manual to set timing, carb sync, etc. and noticed the "bleed hoses" (whatever they do) weren't routed like the manual said. The rebuilder said he did them right but I no longer trust him. I'm also having an idle problem especially when warm putts and dies. Has new CDI aftermarket stator, Boyesen reeds and have removed the oil inj. Any help with routing would be appreciated.

trumanlake

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Merc V6 bleed hoses

Have an 86 200hp (horizontal reeds) I noticed the same thing with the routing. But I had drawn everything out before tearing it down, I figured that Mercury did it right in the beginning. Wish I could help.

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Merc V6 bleed hoses

Get a schematic and route per the diagram. The bleed hoses also have little checkvalves in them at various points. You must get these routed correctly. It could be a big part of your idle problem. These hoses help equalize pressure throughout all chambers inside the block. If routed incorrectly, some chambers will have more vacuum than others. :D :cool: :rolleyes: