merc 200 warning buzzer

shelbydriver

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I hear the warning buzzer sound as low as 160 temps on the gauge. Subject, 200 94 carbbed merc xxl. I put in the new lower waterpump housing, impeller, head gaskets,thermostats, new water hoses, poppet valve. last testing has it running cooler than before. Hmmmm could it be the gauge or sending unit? Is that buzzer also a fuel warning? aahhhhhhhhh some one help me? Thanks. I cannot locate my friends with a temp infared pointer or the chalk heat temps sticks neither. Seems to run cooler with engine out of the water some rpms up. :confused: This testing is getting expensive at wot 20 gallons per hour.

trumanlake

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: merc 200 warning buzzer

Possibly a bad sensor??? Is the warning going off immediately or after you have run a little. It is a constant sound right? There is a way to check the sensor, it takes about 3 hands(not really), pan of water, a thermometer and some heat. It's just a thermal snap switch.

shelbydriver

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi yes the sensor is going off fast then settles down sometimes I will try to test it. Thanks.

Trent

Captain

Warning horn.<br />If it goes.. beep..beep..beep its low oil warning. If it has a (solid tone)its overheat warning.<br /><br />If your getting the beep..beep..beep. Unhook the wires at the bottom of the oil tank and see if she stops beeping. Normally the float in the tank is stuck or bad. If its a solid tone and you know your not overheating remove the wire to the overheat sensors in the head. If it stops replace the sensor. Also a bad module can cause a problem. Check the easy things first.

shelbydriver

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey fellas, It is the long warning horn. someone disconnected the oil warning module and injection sytem already. I am installing a pressure gauge today. it is only reading 165 degrees at high end. The book says thats ok. Later

CU2NITE

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also you should check the wire coming from the temp sender, the insulation on the wire could be cracked or worn grounding it out on the motor. This would cause a constant beeeeeeep. Good luck and let us know.<br />CU<br /><br />-----------------------<br />RUNNING THE MOTOR WHILE LISTENING TO THE HORN WILL MAKE YOU MORN!!