Does WalMart 2 stroke oil have fuel stabilizer?

Merc90HPnewbie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It comes in a yellow bottle, I think it's Pennzoil. I didn't see anything on it about fuel stabilizer but I don't want to add Stabil into the gas in if it's already in the oil.<br /><br />Thanks

greasemonkeyozi

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Does WalMart 2 stroke oil have fuel stabilizer?

Quick silver is the best fuel stabilizer for outboard 2 cycle motors, but I havnt had the oppertunity to worry about that stuff. I'm not so sure about wallmart's stock on this stuff, all wallmarts different. If when in doubt, if you plan on letting the motor sit up for a while, go ahead and disconnect the fuel line and run motor until all fuel is burned up. Thats what I have to do since I'm way out to myself with a limited selection of petroliums.

Merc90HPnewbie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

MGR: I've read that before but I wonder if you'd use up all the gas in all the carbs at different rates... that would leave some gas in some carbs (to gum up) and other cylinders running (although for a very short time) on no gas and no lubrication. Or would the motor keep chugging away on only one cyl until all the gas is gone? (I have a 6 cyl)

ZmOz

Captain

The motor will probably keep going until all the gas is gone...which I would think is a very bad thing to do on purpose.

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

My 81 Merc50 has been run out of fuel since the prev owner bought it.<br />That was 22 years ago and it still has 125psi in all 4 and runs well.<br />You can't "Overdose" on additive, so say the MFR's, so just buy a bottle and add it to fuel.<br />Whether you decide to run carbs out or leave fuel connected, at least the fuel in the bowls has anti-gum properties.<br />I have a habit of running the motor periodically on muffs in the off season, using fresh fuel with additive.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to General Outboard