Is there a choke on a mercury EFI 150??(98)

daritzzz

Seaman Apprentice
It's not like the carb version, efi has no choke-throttle.<br />Probably it will inject more fuel(elektronic)<br />but that's what I want to know and if you need to push the choke(key)?maybe it chokes automatic(temp sensor)<br /><br />ps does anyone has an owners manual for this engine<br /><br />Gtzz tirett

naketa

Cadet
Re: Is there a choke on a mercury EFI 150??(98)

is a automatic choke when you turn the key push the key in to choke

daritzzz

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Roscoe, I will order a

daritzzz

Seaman Apprentice

Roscoe, <br />I will order a manual(they ship to Belgium), but i was thinking that naketa gived me an answer.<br />I'm sorry for that :( :( <br />Allthough I do not understand his question maybe you can explain naketa's question to me :D :D <br /><br />Gtzzz<br /><br />Tirett

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

After read some of naketa's other posts, I believe he is new to boating. I think he was asking if a keyswitch activated choke, would be considered an "automatic" choke.<br /><br />I have used an efi outboard only once.<br />It did not have a choke built into the switch.<br /><br />I believe the computer compensates for the air temp, engine temp, oxygen level, and humidity level, much like an automobile with efi.

daritzzz

Seaman Apprentice

Hello Roscoe,<br />I think it's an manual, automatic :eek: choke<br />When I turn the key, I can push it(standaard merc-control)<br />When I push it while starting cold I believe it's choking, because the engine will run after first try.also without pushing the key, sometimes engine ran at first crank :rolleyes: <br />Allthough I don't really tried to figure it out.<br />That's why I ask this question here.<br />I've no manual from this engine :eek: <br />Hope someone knows it here :D <br /><br />Thx <br />Gtzzz Tirett

clanton

Rear Admiral

The temp sensor provides ECM with engine temp signal, determines enrichment of fuel until engines reaches 90 degrees F. Temp sensor has to have clean engine ground. You only have to turn key to start.

Cobe

Cadet

There is no choke. EFI uses fuel enrichenment; a choke accomplishes the same thing but, by reducing (choking) the air flow.

daritzzz

Seaman Apprentice

Thx guys,<br />Now I know that I don't need to push the key.<br />It's an automatic choke like a car efi.<br />B.T.W. Great engine :cool: :cool: <br />I love to fly :D :D :D <br /><br />Gtzz <br /> Tirett