How much water flow?

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 1985 60 hp merc Just put a impeller in it last month but it does not seem to be putting out enuff water or with any force. I ran several miles with it this weekend both low speed and wot does not act like it is getting hot. just not happy with the amount of water it is pissing. I have seen some posts talk about a kit as well as just the impeller can you fill me in.<br /><br /> thanks <br /> Jim

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How much water flow?

You should have a strong tell tale at all speeds.<br /><br />A pump kit comprises an impeller + related spares that may be worn and is better replaced once in there anyway.<br /><br />As you changed the impeller you are right that the other parts in the kit could need replacement as well.<br /><br />If all seals and tubes leading water from the pump to the water jacket is OK and if the tell tale connection is straight and free, the cooling should be fine and the tell tale should show this.

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How much water flow?

Thanks thats what i thought. I guess I will tear it down and see. Does this moter have a T stat that i need to look at? my manuel is not here yet.