Fuel to oil ratio for better burn eff.

hallhen

Seaman Apprentice
Merc 75 7.5hp s/n 2813717. <br /><br />I have lots of unburned oil.<br />What are some methods to inprove combustion?<br /><br />Better oil? Currently using Pennzoil<br />Hotter spark plugs? Using what is recommended<br />Less oil? using 50:1<br /><br />Thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel to oil ratio for better burn eff.

You may have a small hole in fuel pump diaphram. This allows gas to get thru, it runs down the inside of engine and exits exhaust.<br /><br />Your Pennzoil is a very good oil.<br />Use the recommended plugs and oil ratio.<br /><br />If you are worried about pollution, use a biodegradable synthetic.

hallhen

Seaman Apprentice

I will check out the fuel diaphram.<br /><br />The Fuel/oil appears o be aeraited.<br /><br />Are there any additional suggestion?<br /><br />If the carb. supplies more fuel (rich?)then the combustion cycle is capable of burning what are the symptons?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You would have the same symptoms that you describe. <br /><br />But, in my experience, a carb that is running that rich, will also have other symptoms. Like not reaching top rpm, flooding, and fouled plugs.